Tuesday, May 1, 2007

New Family Member

On Sunday Richard, the kids, and I went to go look at some puppies that were free in the paper. We now have a new addition, her name is Olive. She is a three month old German Shepherd/Black Lab mix. She is so very sweet. She follows us around everywhere. I think that she thinks Jacob is a puppy because she will play with him and chase after him. It is so cute. When I can find my cord to my camera I will put some pictures of her on here.

Alyssa's birthday party went very well. We had 6 girls from church show up at the park. I must say that if you are going to have a birthday party it should be at the park. It might be a pain to drag all the stuff there, but you don't have to clean up all that stuff at your house. She had a great time.

It has been really beautiful here. Yesterday and the day before were almost 90. The rest of the week is going to be 70s. That is going to feel so cold now.

I would like prayers for Richard and I. Even though we are so glad to be back to York, we miss our friends in Fayetteville so much. My heart aches for them. I pray you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Mathias and Craig Families said...

Wow are you ever a brave woman; 4 kiddos & a dog! I'm thinking I'm reaching my limit with 2 dogs & 2 kiddos! Great tip on the birthday party in the park, I also heard a friend say @ YMCA you pay $100 for 2 hours & they provide all the decorations & keep the kids busy & stuff, sounds like a good deal to me. I'm sorry you're missing your friends, moving is so hard for so many reasons! Ironic that you have friends here that miss you too! Thanks for your comments on our blog. . . I don't know why I say 'our' I can't get anyone else to write anything! I look forward to reading your next entry! (By the way, we've had a wonderful visit with your parents, it's so nice having them back in Newberg even if it's only briefly). Love you! Wendy.

TLKOREGON said...

You are a nicer mommy than me. I am holding off on the dog thing for A LONG TIME! Maybe after I am done potty training the kids. I am having a hard enough time with Violet, I can't imagine trying a child and a dog at the same time. We are going to be having Hazel's first birthday at the park. We had Violets at Abbys. I hope you know that you are missed around A LOT! And I was reminded how much I miss all of the "Garrisons" this week when I saw your mom and dad. I love you all so much. So glad you have a blog!!

aksnowbunny78 said...

Thank you for your efforts to keep in touch. You know we miss you so much, Troy is always talking about Aaron and how he wants to go to Ne-Bras-ka I broke it down b/c that's how he says it.....LOL I hope one day we can come out and visit,but I guess we'd have to rent a vehicle, b/c yours is full.....hmmm....wow!! Tell your mother that mother's day is coming and it's a perfect opportunity to send me that figurine I've always wanted. I saw one the other day in a lifeway magazine (it was a little darker than yours, but that's ok with me).......LOLOLOL (shhhhhh don't tell anyone)LOLOLOL Hope to hear from you soon. We love you and miss you. Tell Richard we'll come when the Seahawks win the Super Bowl....LOLOL