Sunday, June 8, 2008

9 days on the farm


Hello everyone! Here are a bunch of new pictures that I took while I was at Mom and Dad's house. Richard is gone for his National Guard training until Friday. We were at Mom and Dad's for 9 days and it was a lot of fun. Two of the pictures downloaded sideways. I don't know why so hopefully you can see them. One is Jacob on a "hill" at the house and the other is of Aaron holding a catfish. We went camping for one night and we were fishing almost the whole time. The fish were biting like crazy and the kids (and us) were loving it. We were going to stay all weekend, but there was tornado stuff coming in. For those of you who have never been through a tornado warning when camping, let me just say, it is not a fun experience. Aaron loved to follow Dad around and help him clean up the farm. They just had so much fun. Jacob is starting to get to that stage, but not quite. Rebekah loved to hold the baby guineas in the barn. She was down there a lot. We did have a tragedy while we were there. Alyssa's hamster, peaches died. Alyssa found it dead in the cage. It was heartbreaking for her. So mom, the kids, and I all traipsed outside to bury the hamster. It has a little marker and everything. Later the same day, Alyssa came running in to tell me that the boys were digging up the grave. So there was even more trauma. I have got to say that I was very thankful when that day was over. The rest of the time was much more fun. We decided to come home today (Sunday) instead of tomorrow since the weather has been really unsteady. I do not want to drive 3 1/2 hours in a thunderstorm. God provided us with gorgeous weather. I do have some news on the job front. I have an interview with Maude Carpenter (yes, the same place that Leann and Ryan work) for a para position. I also have an interview with the school district as a para on July 1st. So please pray that I can be guided the way that I need to go. Hope you all enjoy the pictures and have a good week!

1 comment:

Amanda B said...

The life of a para is a fun one. I am a para while working on my master's degree. I am sure you will have lots of fun.